This is one of my favorite summer salads – the freshness of the watermelon and mint is perfectly balanced by the tanginess of the feta. For the best tasting salad, try to use sheep’s milk feta (i.e. bulgarian). Adapted from Serious Eats.
- 3 lbs seedless watermelon, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 t lemon zest
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/4 c roughly chopped mint and basil
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- salt to taste
- Combine watermelon chunks with lemon zest, oil, herbs, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with feta.