If you are in the mood for Greek-themed dish with lots of tomato, and some beans for substance, this is for you. Flavors of dill and garlic make it pop.
- 2 cans butter beans, drained
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 T tomato paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 c parsley, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 c dill, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 c to 1 c feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375C
- Heat oil in medium large sauce pan over medium heat, add onions and celery, and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes
- Add garlic and paprika, and cook about 1 minute, until fragrant
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, and salt, and simmer until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes
- Mix parsley, dill, and beans with tomato sauce, then transfer to a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle feta over top of dish, and cook for 50-60 minutes, until top is browned and mixture is bubbling.