A delicious (and healthy) accompaniment to veggie burgers or mussels. Adapted from Simply Recipes.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, or 3 large
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T salt
- 2 T of any of the following spices: chili powder, chipotle powder, smoked paprika, cajun seasoning etc.
- Preheat oven to 230 C
- Peel the sweet potatoes (optional), and cut off the ends.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges or disks – the smaller the chunks, the crispier the fries will be (and the faster they will cook).
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil, salt, sugar, and spices – make sure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes onto a baking sheet in a single layer – bake for 15 minutes, turn over all of the pieces, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and crispy.