This is a great and unusual twist on grilled corn, where a tangy Parmesan sauce mixes perfectly with the flavor of roasted corn. It’s inexplicably delicious. Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen.
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/4 c light mayonnaise
- 3 T sour cream
- handful fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 t chili powder
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 t lime juice
- 1/2 c Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, grated
- 4 t vegetable oil
- 1/4 t salt
- 6 large ears corn, husks and silk removed
- Heat broiler in oven, and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Cut corn into half ears.
- While broiler is heating, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, cayenne (if using), lime juice, and cheese in large bowl, and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine oil, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder – add corn and toss to coat evenly.
- Place corn onto baking sheet and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, 7 to 12 minutes total.
- Remove from broiler and toss corn in bowl with mayonnaise mixture to coat evenly.