Adapted from Cooks Illustrated.
- 1 medium stalk cauliflower (~ 2 lbs)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 t curry power
- 1/4 t chili flakes
- 1/3 c water
- 1/4 c yogurt
- 1 t lime juice
- 2 T fresh cilantro, minced
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 475F and line baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare cauliflower: trim outer leaves off and trim hard middle stem. Cut head into large chunks (one way of doing this is to cut it into 8 equal wedges so that core and florets remain intact.)
- Place cauliflower pieces onto foil-lined sheet and drizzle with 2 T oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Cover baking sheet with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 8-12 minutes, until cauliflower is golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, flip cauliflower, and bake another 8-12 minutes, until cauliflower is golden brown all over.
- While cauliflower is baking, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook shallots 5-10 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in curry powder and chili flakes and cook, 30-60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and combine with water, yogurt, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Drizzle sauce over roasted cauliflower.