This is take two on crumble recipes…it’s got the same great crunchy texture as the “Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble”, but it’s got a guest appearance by oats and almonds. Adapted from 101 Cookbooks and Smitten Kitchen.
For the Crumble
- 2/3 c oats
- 3/4 c self-raising flour (if using all-purpose, add 3/4 t baking powder)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 3/4 c sliced or slivered almonds
- 6 T butter, melted
For the Berries
- 3-4 c fresh berries
- 1/2 c sugar (adjust as needed for whatever sweetness you want)
- 1 T corn starch
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 190C. Combine dry crumble ingredients, then stir in the butter, and mix until well combined and texture resembles sand.
- Mix berries, sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice.
- Spread berry mixture in a 9×9 inch pan, and then sprinkle crumble (you may have to break it up in your hands) over mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until crumble topping is golden brown but not burned.