This recipe is inspired by a salad I had in Barcelona – it’s delicious and fresh. Beware, the dressing has zing!
- 4 c (or 1 small bag) salad
- 2 oranges, cut into segments (see note below)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- 3 T dijon mustard
- 2 T honey
- 4 T oil
- 5 T balsamic vinegar
- handful chopped parsley for garnish
Note: To make orange segments, cut the ends off of a seedless orange just enough to expose the flesh. Place the orange end down, and cut away the peel, removing as little of the flesh as possible. Using a sharp knife, cut along the inside of the membranes that separate the orange segments, slicing only down to the center (halfway) of the orange. Continue around the entire orange, cutting out each segment, leaving behind the membrane.
- Place salad in a bowl, and cover with orange segments, avocado, cucumber, red onion, and walnuts. Toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing, mix the honey, oil, and mustard until well combined. Then add the balsamic vinegar and stir well to mix. The consistency should be even.