This is a tasty, easy starter for an Italian meal or a cold winter night. Good parmesian cheese really makes this dish sing.
- 4-5 portabello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 3-4 T butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- a few pinches of dried or fresh herbs of your choice (I recommend rosemary, oregano, or parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 c grated parmesian or asiago cheese
- Place mushrooms face up on a lightly greased baking tray, and preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Combine butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Distribute mixture evenly over mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, sprinkle lightly with cheese, and bake another 10-15 minutes until done.