This recipe pairs the butteriness of roasted salmon with the spices of Za’atar and the acidity of yogurt. The original recipe calls for Dukkah, which makes for a slightly nuttier version, but I prefer to use za’atar here for the spices. Adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi.
- 1/4 c za’atar
- 1 c full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T grated lemon zest
- 2 T chopped chives
- 2 T chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place salmon, skin-side down, on an oiled baking tray, and season with salt.
- Sprinkle salmon generously with za’atar, and bake until done, 8-12 minutes (depending on the size/thickness of the fillets).
- While salmon is baking, whisk yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, chives, parsley, and lemon juice together to make a sauce.