This is the egg salad I’ve been searching for: packed with vegetables and green herbs, and full of creamy eggy goodness. Follow the instructions for cooking the eggs eggsactly (hah) for best results. Adapted from 101 Cookbooks.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 2 stalks celery, washed and chopped finely
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped
- 1/3 c parsley, chopped
- handfull dill, chopped
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by a 1/2-inch or so. Bring to a gentle boil, then turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for exactly seven minutes.
- Have a big bowl of ice water ready – when the eggs are done cooking, place them in the ice bath for a couple of minutes to stop the cooking.
- Crack and peel each egg, and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, a couple generous pinches of salt and pepper, and mash with a fork.
- Stir in the celery and herbs, and taste to adjust seasoning.