This is a delicious alternative to a side vegetable to serve with asian food. I find it’s a particularly good combination for fish. Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, and sliced into tiny slivers (julienned using a mandolin is best)
- 1 medium (1 pound) napa cabbage, halved and sliced into thin slivers
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced into tiny slivers
- 5-6 T lime juice
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro or mint (or both)
- 1/4 c cashews, toasted and chopped coarsely
- Toss mango, cabbage, pepper. and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, oil, salt, and red pepper flakes into a small bowl.
- Pour sauce over mango mix, and sprinkle with herbs and cashews before serving.